Ore Sorting study service – using drill core samples
Evidence of ore/waste heterogeneity is masked by:
- Common drill core sampling and analysis practices where analysis technology is setting limits to sample size/length thus averaging the ore grade on core length.
- Common orebody modelling and mine planning practices involving geostatistics and block modelling which further tend to mask the heterogeneity of the ore.
- Customers are therefore often unaware of heterogeneity present within their orebodies which can be exploited to recover ore from waste or alternately reject waste from ore.
- Scanmobile ore sorting simulation quickly focuses on marginal blocks within a model, and unpacks the geological data to reveal and quantify previously unrecognized ore recovery or waste rejection potential in this material.
- Unique method of studying ore sortability from drill cores
- Identifying previously not recognized waste rock and deleterous elements on drill cores
- Pinpointing accurately ore waste contacts
- Revealing ore pre concentration potential